Terms, Conditions, Responsibilities of PIs and Acknowledgements
Terms and Conditions
Describes the rules which you agree to when using our services.
These Terms and Conditions outline what services we can provide for you and what therefore we need from you so we can provide these services.
Our privacy notice describes how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use these websites.
If you do not agree to our privacy notice, please do not register for or use the IM@IT website.
The short version
- We ask you to only register an account for yourself and don’t share your password.
- Help us keep your personal details up to date by updating your contact details when you move organisations or departments.
- We will only use the data you give us so we can prepare for your experiment and/or visit, administer funding, enable us to operate the facilities you need to do your experiment, and so you can analyze the data afterwards. We will also use it to create statistics and reports that are required of us to meet our obligations for public accountability and the dissemination of information.
- You can find out why we ask for specific bits of information by reading our privacy
Use of the IM@ITwebsites
The Facilities websites are provided to you free of charge for your use to manage your interactions with IM@IT subject to these Terms and Conditions and our privacy notice.
The IM@IT websites include:
- Your Detailsfor registering and keeping your details up to date
- Proposalssystem for submitting applications for time at our facilities
- Visitsfor accommodation & travel requests
- Safety Tests
- Risk Assessments for experiments
You must only create an account for yourself. You must not register on someone else’s behalf.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details.
Please check your details regularly. We may ask you periodically to check your details after a period of inactivity.
Password and security
When you register to use the Online Proposal System websites you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur using your account. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
Use of your information and your preferences
We use the information provided by you via these websites for the purposes of administering your experiment and/or visit and operating the facility for the benefit of the user community.
We use the information in the creation of statistics and reports that are required of us.
This information will be stored manually and/or electronically. For more information on how we use your information see our privacy notice.
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Facilities Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Facilities Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the IM@IT website. If you continue to use the IM@IT website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the IM@IT website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
Responsibilities of the Principal Investigator on IM@IT proposals
The Principal Investigator on an IM@IT proposal has specific responsibilities for the experiment.
The Principal Investigator has to:
- ensure that a trained team capable of running the experiment on a 24-hour basis will be available and that the researchers will observe the appropriate regulations, especially on safety(This does not apply to experiments or training where the team will not be present on site.)
- ensure that the information on the sample and the safety aspects of the experiment are correct and complete
- nominate the people who have access to the experimental data
- ensure that an experimental report is submitted within 3 months of experiment completion
- ensure that IM@IT is acknowledged in publications and that IM@IT staff, where appropriate, are included as authors
Note that research students cannot be Principal Investigators on ISIS proposals.
Please report the following text in scientific publications, when applicable and when IM@IT should be acknowledged.
“The authors gratefully acknowledge the support of the JRU ISIS@MACH ITALIA Research Infrastructure, hub of ISIS Neutron and Muon Source of the STFC (Science and Technology Facilities Council), [MUR Official Registry 0013837-04-08-2022].”
If your results are based on experimental data collected at the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source, please also add the following acknowledgement sentence when applicable:
“The financial support from the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR) within CNR-STFC Grant Agreement [No. 2021-2027] concerning collaboration in scientific research at the ISIS (UK) of STFC, is gratefully acknowledged.”